The Most Visited Museum in Canadawith
- 25,000Square Metres of Display Space
- 295Seats in our CINÉ+ 3D Movie Theatre
- 20,000Years of Human History Presented
- 218,000Artifacts Accessible Online
Copyright and Permissions
Materials on this website were produced or compiled by the Canadian Museum of History for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the Museum’s programs and services.
The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Information on this site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal and private non-commercial use, and may be reproduced, in part or in whole and by any means, without charge or further permission from the Canadian Museum of History. We ask only the following:
- That users exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- That the Canadian Museum of History be identified as the source institution;
- That copyright and other proprietary notices be kept intact with the material; and
- That the reproduction is niether represented as an official version of the materials reproduced, nor as having been made in affiliation with, or with the endorsement of, the Canadian Museum of History.
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited, except with written permission from the Canadian Museum of History. To obtain permission to reproduce materials on this site for commercial purposes, please contact:
Rights and Permissions
Library, Archives and Documentation Services
Canadian Museum of History
100 Laurier Street
Gatineau, QC K1A 0M8
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on the Historymuseum.ca website are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. This is particularly true of modules that are jointly produced by the Canadian Museum of History and an external organization as part of a collaborative arrangement. In such cases, some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply and it may be necessary to seek permission from the rights holder prior to reproducing the material.
To obtain information concerning copyright ownership and restrictions on reproduction on this site, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.