When you become a Member of the Canadian Museum of History and the Canadian War Museum, you also become part of our Museum family. Membership with us brings you a full year of unlimited access to outstanding exhibitions, exclusive previews, and money-saving discounts.
Become a Member today and enjoy unparalleled access to two of Canada’s most renowned cultural institutions.
Categories and Annual Membership Rates
Take your support to the next level
Help preserve Canada’s culture and history
- Unlimited admission to all ongoing and special exhibitions
- Invitations to Members-only activities
- Box Office express line
- Unlimited access to CINÉ+
- Subscription to Kudos! newsletter
- Themed guided tours at both Museums
Exclusive Member Discounts
- Variable discounts on tickets for special events at both Museums
- 25% discount on parking
- 15% discount at the Cafés
- 10% discount at Second Cup
- 10% discount on Gift Shop purchases (and other exclusive Member offers!)
Upcoming Exclusive Member Activities
Watch your inbox! Each month we will send you exclusive member-only activities that you can sign-up for. Space is limited, so make sure to confirm your spot. Tickets will be available two weeks prior to the event.
Notes and Terms of Membership
- Prices do not include taxes and are subject to change without notice. Memberships are not transferable or refundable. Privileges are subject to change without notice.
- Discounts are not applicable to alcoholic beverages, merchandise on sale, gift cards, or postage stamps.
- Parking discount is available only while visiting the Museums. Members receive one voucher per day at each Museum. Lost vouchers will not be replaced, and you will have to pay the full parking fee. Parking prices may change during special events and spaces may be limited.
- Additional charges may apply for special CINÉ+ screenings.
- Themed guided tours are by reservation only.
- Investor category behind-the-scenes tours are once per year, by reservation only.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I renew my membership online?
Yes, you can! Renew online here, using your last name and your membership number, both of which appear on the front of your membership card.
When is my membership activated?
A membership becomes active as of the date of purchase, for one full year.
Can I buy a membership as a gift?
You can buy a gift membership for a friend or family member. Gift memberships can be purchased here.
I’ve lost my membership card. Can I get a new one?
You can pick up a new membership card from the Box Office on your next visit. A $2 reprint charge will apply.
I purchased a membership online. When will I receive my card?
You can pick up your membership card at the Box Office on your next visit to the Museum. Membership cards are not mailed out. Alternatively, you can use the virtual PDF card you received with your confirmation email.
Where do I find my membership number?
Your membership number appears on the front of your membership card.
Can I lend my membership card to a friend to visit the Museums?
Memberships can only be used by the cardholder (and their children for a family membership). Friends and family must purchase their own tickets or memberships.
How do I reserve member tickets?
You can reserve your tickets online, or by calling us at 819-776-7100.
How often can I visit as a member?
There’s no limit to the number of times you can visit the Museums during your membership period.
I’ve visited recently. Can I redeem my admission fee towards a membership?
Yes! Within seven days of your Museum visit, you can redeem the cost of your ticket(s) towards a membership! To take advantage of this promotion, please call us at 819-776-7100.