The Most Visited Museum in Canadawith
- 25,000Square Metres of Display Space
- 295Seats in our CINÉ+ 3D Movie Theatre
- 20,000Years of Human History Presented
- 218,000Artifacts Accessible Online
- All personal information held or collected by the Canadian Museum of History is protected under the federal Privacy Act.
- The Museum’s websites do not automatically gather any specific personal information from you, such as your name, phone number or email address. We would only obtain this type of information if you supplied it voluntarily by sending us an email or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- The Canadian Museum of History employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted the website, the date and time of the visit, and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected.
- The Canadian Museum of History does not normally use “cookies” to track how our visitors use this site or to determine sites previously visited. (A “cookie” is a file that may be placed on your hard drive without your knowledge by a website to allow it to monitor your use of the site.)
- Information on individual visitors is used by Museum employees who need to know the information in order to respond to your requests or to ensure the security of this system. We only share the information you give us with another government institution if your inquiry relates to that institution. We do not use the information to create individually identifiable profiles, nor do we disclose this information to anyone outside the federal government.
Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Act by the Canadian Museum of History may be directed to the following address:
Corporate Secretary and Director General, Strategic Planning
Canadian Museum of History
100 Laurier Street
Gatineau, QC K1A 0M8
If you are not satisfied with our response to your privacy concern, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.