Our Boutique features a wide variety of Canadian souvenirs, as well as an excellent selection of products related to the themes of the Canadian Children’s Museum and the current exhibitions of the Canadian Museum of History. Our Boutique also offers unusual and one-of-a-kind items produced by Canadian artisans. Come discover the unique talents of some of Canada’s finest craftspeople!
A gift card, the perfect idea!
Offer the unforgettable experience of the Museums, all wrapped up in a lovely gift card!
What can the gift card be used for?
The proud owner of a gift card can use it to:
- Visit both Museums (Canadian Museum of History and Canadian War Museum)
- Watch CINÉ+ movies and even become a member of the CINÉ+ Club
- Make purchases at the Boutiques
- Obtain a Museum Membership card
Where can I purchase a gift card?
At the Box Offices and Boutiques of the Canadian Museum of History and the Canadian War Museum.
How much does it cost?
Like any gift card, it’s up to you! Choose a value of $10, $15, $20, $25 or more.
Why give a museum gift card?
Because it’s the ideal gift! Easy to purchase, it is sure to please any family member or friend by providing them with a unique and original experience.
The Mercury Series Goes Digital
The Canadian Museum of History and the University of Ottawa Press are proud to announce the publication of the Digital Mercury Series.
You can access the Digital Mercury Series online at https://press.uottawa.ca/mercury.
Become a Member and Explore
Unlimited Access Starting at
$29 + tax
Categories and Prices (tax not included)
Members are savvy savers as of their third visit.
Same as Senior, plus 1 guest
1 full-time student (if 18+, proof is required)
1 full-time student age 18+ (proof is required), plus 1 guest
Ages 18 to 64
Same as Adult, plus 1 guest OR all of your children (immediate family, same household address)
2 adults and all of your children (immediate family, same household address)
Same as Family, plus 2 guests
2 grandparents and all of your grandchildren
Same as Grandparents, plus 2 guests
Same as Family PLUS or Grandparents PLUS
and including a tax-deductible donation receipt starting at $90.
|Starting at $250
A special 15% discount will apply on your Membership purchase if:
- You live further than 100 km from either Museum.
- You buy additional years of Membership upfront (discount applies to each additional year).
Note:: The special 15% discount cannot be combined and does not apply to the Benefactor PLUS category. Memberships are not transferable or refundable. Membership prices and privileges may change without notice.
All Standard Membership categories include one year of…
- Unlimited admission to the Canadian Museum of History, the Canadian Children’s Museum and the Canadian War Museum
- 25% discount on Museum parking (free parking after 5 p.m. for CINÉ+ film screenings; parking prices are subject to change for special events and festivals)
- 25% discount on CINÉ+ tickets
- 10% discount in the Museums’ restaurants
- 10% discount in the Museums’ gift shops
- 20% discount on holiday-season shopping at the Museums’ gift shops
- Subscription to the Members-only email newsletter
- Invitations to official openings, Members-only previews and events, and other events and activities at the Museums (sent by email only)
- Discounts on selected ticketed events at the Museums
- VIP access to CINÉ+
Discounts in the Museums’ restaurants and gift shops do not include alcoholic beverages, merchandise on sale, gift cards or stamps.
IMPORTANT: Please ensure that we have your current email address. The Members-only newsletter, exclusive invitations and other news are sent by email only.
All Plus Memberships include…
All Standard Membership privileges and the following additional privileges:
- Admission for one or two guests according to your Membership category
- Museum discounts for your guests.
Your donation will help the Museums to preserve and share Canada’s cultural and military history with current and future generations. To thank you for your support, we will invite you to special donor benefits, where you will have the opportunity to forge an even closer connection to the Museums. For inquiries and further information about the importance of donations to the Museums please follow this link.
This Membership option includes all Standard and PLUS Membership privileges, as well as the following:
- A tax-deductible receipt for your donation (starting at $90)
- Donor recognition
- The donors’ newsletter
- Invitations to donors’ events