The Scott Building
Formerly at the corner of the Promenade du Portage and Eddy Street
This was the second Scott Building, and was named after a young woman who was a wealthy heir of Philemon Wright. A multifunctional commercial building since 1878, it housed a pharmacy, the city's first telephone, a post office, shops, offices and hospitality services. The building was rebuilt after the fire of 1900, and continued to accommodate the same type of businesses until the arson of April 14, 1995. The beautiful façade ? a landmark on the street ? and the vestiges were demolished in 1996.
View a transition from what is here now, to what was there before.
Latitude North 45.4335536 Longitude West 75.7114382