La Filature -The Textile Mill
82 Front Street
Founded in Hull in 1878 by John D. Hanson, the Hanson Mills made woollens, felt products and socks. The building on Front Street was built in 1905 by George Hanson, the founder's son. Hanson Mills became the property of the brothers Robert and James Kenny in 1951, and the company moved from the building in 1980. The oldest and longest-lived textile factory in Hull stopped production in 1993. It was the oldest functioning woollen factory in all of North America.
Latitude North 45.42884 Longitude West 75.72823