The Canadian Museum of History (which includes the Canadian Children’s Museum) is located in Gatineau, Quebec, on the banks of the Ottawa River directly opposite Parliament Hill. The Museum is easily accessible from downtown Ottawa by foot, bicycle, public transit, Aqua-Taxi (summer) or by car. Parking is available onsite.
Canadian Museum of History
100 Laurier Street
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0M8
If your car is equipped with, or you have, a GPS device, enter the following data:
45.429374,-75.709233 or N45°25.811, W075°42.532, Elevation 53m
or enter our address: 100 Laurier Street, Gatineau, Quebec, J8X 4H2
Rate: $2.50 per half hour
Daily maximum rate: $12.50
Flat rate from 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.: $6.00
THE MUSEUM OFFERS A FULLY AUTOMATED FAST AND EASY-TO-USE PARKING SYSTEM
VISITORS HAVE TWO PAYMENT OPTIONS
- Pay before you leave, at the pay station inside the Museum
- Insert your ticket in the slot and your fee will be calculated
- Insert cash or credit card
- Your ticket will be validated as paid
- Keep your ticket and insert it onto the slot at the automated exit terminal
- Proceed directly to the exit
- Insert your ticket in the exit terminal
- Insert your credit card in the slot to open the gate
There is additional parking on streets around the Museum. Check for posted hours and rates.
The Museum is located right on the scenic Voyageurs Pathway; bicycle racks are available by the main entrance of the Museum and the Voyageurs Cafeteria. We are happy to check your bike gear in our complimentary cloakroom.
Aqua-Taxi is an eco-friendly mode of transportation that offers a summer shuttle service between the Canadian Museum of History, the Ottawa dock (located below Parliament Hill) and the Casino du Lac-Leamy. Aqua-Taxi has universal accessibility and space for bicycles and strollers. For schedules and rates, visit www.aufeeldeleau.ca.