The Canadian Museum of History, the Canadian Children’s Museum, and the Canadian Postal Museum are located in Gatineau, Quebec, on the banks of the Ottawa River, directly opposite Parliament Hill. The museum building is easily accessible from downtown Ottawa by foot, bicycle, public transit, or by car and has on-site parking.
Canadian Museum of History
100 Laurier Street
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0M8
If your car is equipped with, or you have, a GPS device, enter the following data:
45.429374,-75.709233 or N45°25.811, W075°42.532, Elevation 53m
or enter our address: 100 Laurier Street, Gatineau, Quebec, J8X 4H2
THE MUSEUM OFFERS A NEW FULLY AUTOMATED FAST AND EASY-TO-USE PARKING SYSTEM
VISITORS HAVE TWO PAYMENT OPTIONS
- Pay before you leave, at the pay station inside the Museum
- Insert your ticket in the slot and your fee will be calculated
- Insert cash or credit card
- Your ticket will be validated as paid
- Keep your ticket and insert it onto the slot at the automated exit terminal
- Proceed directly to the exit
- Insert your ticket in the exit terminal
- Insert your credit card in the slot to open the gate
There is additional parking on streets around the Museum. Check for posted hours and rates.
The Museum is located right on the scenic Voyageurs Pathway; bicycle racks are available by the main entrance of the Museum and the Voyageurs Cafeteria. We are happy to check your bike gear in our complimentary cloakroom.