The Notre-Dame-de-Grâce Presbytery
This presbytery serves as a reminder of the Notre-Dame-de-Grâce Church, the place of worship of the first francophone Catholic parish in Hull. After the Chapelle des chantiers (Lumbermen's Chapel), constructed in 1846, two other churches ? and their presbyteries ? were built, the first in 1868, and the second in 1889. This presbytery, also built in 1889, was eventually converted into conference rooms for a hotel and lost its religious function. It is a reminder of the place of assembly of a devout population and a way of life that may be revived in this historic district, which still contains many of the homes of its former parishioners.
Latitude North 45.42920 Longitude West 75.71127