The Gravelle-Leduc House
116 Promenade du Portage
Built in 1905-1906, this house, with its eclectic design, first belonged to Elvina and Joseph-Ephrem Gravelle. He and his father-in-law, Joseph-Napoleon Fortin, were partners in the hospitality business, mines and a mica plant. They shared the house with Elvina's sister, Délima, and her husband, Valmore Leduc, the partner of Joseph-Albert Kelly in the well-known Kelly-Leduc hardware store. The Leducs' daughter, Yolande, founded the first ballet school in the Ottawa Valley and trained prominent Canadian dancers. This house was once the meeting place of musicians and cultured people. Today, it houses professional offices.
Latitude North 45.42580 Longitude West 75.71661