The John W. Broadhead House
16 Taylor Street
This photo shows another property on Taylor Street that was saved from the great fire by being on the right side of the water.
John William Broadhead, a carpenter by trade, immigrated to Canada from England in 1858. He was the head of the Broadhead family, which settled in this district when it was founded in 1871. John had eight children, including George, an engraver, who lived in this house and became a shareholder in Hull Iron and Steel. His brother, Elisha Franklin, a millwright, inherited the house and lived there until his death in 1954. Ownership of one of the oldest houses in the district then left the hands of this pioneering family.
See another view of this house, which has been lovingly restored.
Latitude North 45.42630 Longitude West 75.72546