St. James Church
60 Promenade du Portage
The Anglican St. James Parish, founded in 1823, was the first in the entire region on either side of the Ottawa River. The current church, dating from 1901, succeeded two others that had burned down in 1865 and 1900. The church was the place of worship for most of the early anglophone settlers of Hull, but since 1977, it has served the multi-ethnic francophone Christian Community of Saint-Bernard-de-Clairvaux. An active centre of religious, community and cultural activities, St. James Church, has played an important role in the revitalization of the Promenade du Portage.
Latitude North 45.4248841 Longitude West 75.7191835