The E. B. Eddy Residence
The Holiday Inn Plaza La Chaudière Hotel now stands on land that formerly belonged to Ruggles Wright, Philemon's son. E. B. Eddy acquired the property and built two large houses here, the first of which burned down in 1900. The second passed from Eddy to his friend George Millen, who succeeded him as manager of the Eddy factory. After the death of Millen, John Maloney, an Ottawa Valley lawyer, converted the residence into a hotel, Standish Hall, which had a short-lived renown followed by a less enviable reputation. The building was demolished in September 1975.
View a transition from this old photo to what came next and what is there now.
Latitude North 45.42481 Longitude West 75.722280