The Pharand Haberdashery
77 Promenade du Portage and 1 Leduc Street
For almost a century, the building that housed this haberdashery and was home to Jean-Baptiste Pharand's family was a landmark on Main Street. It was built in the Italian style in 1908. A well-known businessman, Pharand was also an alderman and chairman of the Hull School Commission. His sons Paul and Émile carried on the business until 1980. After that, it was replaced by bars and discotheques until the opening of the Baci Restaurant.
View a transition from new to old.
Latitude North 45.42513 Longitude West -75.71821