The Brewery and the Water Tower
170 Montcalm Street
In 1813, Philemon Wright built a brewery and a distillery here, where grain from the agricultural colony was transformed into yeast used in the preparation of food for human and animal consumption and in the manufacture of beer and whiskey. It was from this enterprise that the name of the inlet of the Ottawa River, bordering the site, took its name: Brewery Creek. Later, a large axe factory occupied the brewery buildings. Between 1905 and 1910, a new aqueduct, called the "water tower", and a small power plant were built to serve the city of Hull. For a short time, the building housed a museum.
Latitude North 45.429987 Longitude West -75.72680