The Grand Hall, housing one of the world’s largest indoor collections of totem poles, is undoubtedly one of the region’s finest facilities for special events, and is sure to impress your guests. This unique space offers outstanding views of the Ottawa River and Parliament Hill. The Grand Hall can accommodate events of all kinds: presentations, banquets, shows, ceremonies, networking evenings and cocktail events. It includes a fixed stage, as well as permanent audio and lighting systems.
This space can accommodate up to 600 guests for a seated dinner, and up to 1,000 for a stand-up cocktail reception.
$5,000 plus tax.
Non-profit and government organizations receive a 15% discount ($4,250 plus tax).
Access to the First Peoples of the Northwest Coast exhibition, located behind the Grand Hall house facades can be added for an additional fee of $1,500.
Thursday evenings are $550 extra.
- Banquet tables and chairs, and their set-up.
- Registration tables with tablecloths and chairs.
- Services of a Production Coordinator.
- Basic Security Services.
- Access to loading docks.
- Standard cleaning before and after the event.
- Basic Wi-Fi internet service (100 Mbps).
- Liability insurance for special events.
- Catering services (click here for the list of Museum-approved caterers).
- Tablecloths for the tables provided by the catering service.
- Rental of technical equipment and services of technical staff by the Museum’s supplier (sound, light and audiovisual).
- Translation and simultaneous interpretation services through an external provider.
- Additional staff depending on the type of event (security, logistics, maintenance, etc.).
- Hosts and ushers.
- Dedicated internet line.
- Coat check services (mandatory between October and April).
- Museum entrance fees and guided tours.
- Parking ($13 per vehicle per day. Prepaid vouchers can be reserved for guests).
- Easels (maximum of four included with rental; an additional $35 per easel per day applies).
- Copyrights for music played during the event.
Grand Hall (PDF file, 642 Kb)