The Haida Gwaii Salon is located at the far end of the Grand Hall, and shares the same spectacular views and architecture. It also features Alex Janvier’s magnificent Morning Star, painted on the ceiling dome seven storeys above the granite floor.
This space can accommodate up to 100 guests for a seated dinner, and up to 400 for a stand-up cocktail reception.
*The maximum capacity may change according to the measures recommended by federal and provincial health authorities.
$3,500 plus tax. Non-profit and government organizations receive a 15% discount ($2,975 plus tax).
The Haida Gwaii Salon can be rented as an extension to the Grand Hall, for a discounted fee of $1,100 plus tax.
- Banquet tables and chairs and logistical set-up
- Private access to the rented space
- Services of a Production Coordinator
- Basic security services
- Access to loading dock
- Standard cleaning before and after the event
- Basic Wi-Fi internet service
- Easels (maximum of 4; $15 for each extra easel)
- Liability insurance for special events
- Catering services (Click here to view our approved caterers list.)
- Technical equipment and labour (sound, light and audiovisual)
- Additional staff (security, logistical, cleaning, etc.)
- Admission to the Museum and guided tours as well as opening of exhibitions
- Coat check
- Copyright for use of music during special events
Haida Gwaii Salon (PDF file, 258 Kb)
Grand Hall and Haida Gwaii Salon (PDF file, 151 Kb)