The Haida Gwaii Salon is located at the far end of the Grand Hall, and shares the same spectacular views and architecture. It also features Alex Janvier’s magnificent Morning Star, painted on the ceiling dome seven storeys above the granite floor.
This space can accommodate up to 100 guests for a seated dinner, and up to 400 for a stand-up cocktail reception.
$3,000 plus tax. Non-profit and government organizations receive a 15% discount ($2,550 plus tax).
The Haida Gwaii Salon can be rented as an extension to the Grand Hall, for a discounted fee of $1,000 plus tax.
- Banquet tables and chairs and logistical set-up
- Private access to the rented space after Museum hours until 2 a.m.
- Services of a Production Coordinator
- Basic security services
- Access to loading dock
- Standard cleaning before and after the event
- Basic Wi-Fi internet service
- Easels (maximum of 4; $15 for each extra easel)
- Liability insurance for special events
- Catering services (Click here for Distinction by Sodexo menus)
- Technical equipment and labour (sound, light and audiovisual)
- Additional staff (security, logistical, cleaning, etc.)
- Admission to the Museum and guided tours as well as opening of exhibitions
- Parking (Prepaid parking vouchers available at $10 per voucher for evening events. Minimum of 10 vouchers. Non-refundable.)
- Coat check (minimum $250 to open and for 200 people or less, $125 per additional 100 people or less.)
- Copyright for use of music during special events