This section is dedicated to travel trade professionals planning group and FIT visits to the Museum of History.
At Canada’s most visited museum, discover the events, experiences, people and objects that have shaped the nation’s history. Take in the beauty of this architectural gem and its spectacular setting on the banks of the Ottawa River. Marvel at the world’s largest indoor collection of totem poles and explore the traditions and achievements of Canada’s First Peoples. Tour our many exhibitions, be a kid again at the Children’s Museum and live the ultimate cinema experience at CINÉ+.
- Contact our Tourism and Marketing Officer
- Group and FIT Rates
- Group Meal Options
- Information Kits
- Group Services
- Familiarization Tours
- Gallery of Images
Contact our Tourism and Marketing Officer
Tourism and Marketing Officer
The Museum of History has a designated private group entrance underground for drop-off and pick-up of visitors. The group entrance is a nice area where visitors are welcomed to the Museum and group registration is processed with the Group Leader. A coat check for the group is available.
Free parking is available year round at the Robert Guertin Arena, located at 125 Carillon Street in Gatineau, a few minutes from the Museum.
Group and FIT Rates
- Group and FIT rates and policies (Tour Operators) (From April 1 to December 31, 2017) (PDF file)
- The group rate applies to groups of 15 people or more.
- Free admission for children under the age of three.
- When you buy a combination including activities at the Museum of History and the War Museum, tickets are valid for three consecutive days – STARTING ON THE DAY OF THE FIRST VISIT.
- Each combination of experiences applies to a single group. They cannot be separated and are non-transferable.
- As the Canadian Children’s Museum can be very busy, you are strongly advised to reserve a time slot. If attendance is high, groups without a reservation may not be permitted access.
- Adult group leaders must remain with students or children at all times.
- Admission fees are subject to change. Taxes are not included.
- Prices may vary for special-featured films.
Group Meal Options
- Visitor Guide (PDF file)
- Museum of History Information Sheet for Tour Guides (PDF file)
- Seasonal and Tourism Brochures / Promotional Material: To order brochures, posters and promotional material, contact us.
- Promotional video of the Museum of History
- Calendar of exhibitions for 2016–2018 (PDF file)
- Student Market Products and Services (PDF file)
- New Canadian History Hall – opening July 1, 2017
Through artifact collections, research, exhibitions and public programs, the Museum works to preserve the heritage of Canadians and promote the cultures of Canada and the world.
Discover the living history of Canada! Treat yourself to a guided tour of our permanent halls. All tours last approximately 45 minutes and cost $3.00 per person.
Early-Start Breakfast and Guided Tour
From May to June, the Museums offer an “early-start” breakfast and guided tour. Groups arrive at 8 a.m. for a full American buffet-style breakfast, followed at 9 a.m. by a guided tour or a CINÉ+ film — all before the Museum opens to the general public.
This option is a great way to get the most out of your visit and avoid long line-ups at the Group Entrance!
Reservations are required. Please contact us for more information and to book.
Looking for a fun way to spend the evening? Try pairing a buffet dinner in one of the Museums’ cafeterias with a CINÉ+ film (at the Canadian Museum of History) or a dance in one of our unique and exciting venues. For more information, contact us.
Using our educational activity sheets, students explore the Museums’ exhibition halls and galleries on their own or in small groups. It’s a great way to engage students and make learning even more fun!
The new activity sheet “It’s Your History” covers the Grand Hall and the First Peoples Hall.
Printed activity sheets are available at a cost of $1 per student or are free to download with a Teacher’s Guide. To download, click here.
Enrich your Museum visit and offer your groups a unique journey through history, culture, adventure and nature with stunning films that will touch and inspire you.
The CINÉ+ offers a wide selection of films in library for private screenings. A minimum of 50 persons is required.
Education and School Programs
If you are a Tour Operator specializing in FIT products and would like to set up an FIT contract, please contact our Tourism and Marketing Officer.
The Museum of History and the War Museum offer a wide choice of multi-purpose spaces for small or large gatherings of up to 1,200 people. Whether you are planning a banquet, reception, performance or meeting, we have breathtaking spaces that will simply wow your clients.
View Facility Rentals
Need help planning a special group, looking for different ideas or have special requirements?
Contact us with your needs and it will be our pleasure to assist you.
You would like to experience the Museum for yourself or plan a site visit? Contact us for a familiarization tour of the Museums. Send a request to the Tourism and Marketing Officer.
Gallery of Images
To request promotional text, images or other Marketing collateral, please contact our Tourism and Marketing Officer.
The Museum of History is a proud member of the following tourism organizations.
The Grand Hall is a Destination Canada, Canadian Signature Experience:
|Adult / Senior (18 Years +)||Student / Child (3 – 17)|
(Museum of History or War Museum)
(Museum of History and War Museum)
|1 Museum + 1 CINÉ+ Film
(Museum of History)
|2 Museums + 1 CINÉ+ Film
(Museum of History and War Museum)
|School Program||$1 per program, per student|
|Guided Tour||$3 per person|
|Activity Sheets||$1 per sheet|