The parking system of the Canadian Museum of History is fully automated, making it fast and easy to use. The system uses automated pay stations equipped with easy-to-follow instructions.
Q. How do I use the parking system?
A. Please follow these steps:
- Obtain a parking ticket from the automated entry gate terminal as you enter the Museum’s underground parking area. Bring your parking ticket with you into the Museum.
- When you have completed your visit and are ready to leave, go to one of the pay stations located inside the Museum to pay for parking. You can pay with cash or credit card.
- Keep the ticket that was validated by the pay station. The pay station will give change in cash and issue a receipt.
- Go to your car and make your way to the parking exit. At the automated exit terminal, insert your validated ticket and the gate will open.
- You can also pay your ticket, by credit card only, at the automated exit terminal.
Q. What are my payment options?
A. Before leaving, it is best to pay for parking at one of the automated pay stations located inside the Museum. These pay stations accept cash and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard and American Express). You may also pay for parking at one of the automated exit terminals located at the parking exit. These terminals accept credit cards only (Visa, MasterCard and American Express).
Q. Where are the pay stations?
A. There are three pay stations inside the Museum: one at the P1 parking level and two at the P2 parking level.
Q. What happens if I forget to pay for parking at the pay station inside the Museum?
A. At the automated exit terminal, you can pay for your parking by credit card only. The terminal will issue a formal receipt.
Q. If I have a problem when I pay at one of the pay stations or terminals, where can I get assistance?
A. All of our pay stations and terminals are equipped with a HELP button. Simply push the button and an attendant will assist you.
Q. Is it secure to use my credit card at the pay stations?
A. Yes. All of our pay stations and terminals are secure and compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
Q. What do I do if I lose my ticket?
A. If you lose your ticket, press the button marked LOST TICKET at the pay station. A new ticket will be issued. The maximum daily rate would then apply.
Q. Is the Museum parking facility accessible to people with disabilities?
A. Yes. Designated parking spaces for people with disabilities are located on the P1 level.