Accessibility and Special Needs
The Canadian Museum of History is now open Wednesday through Sunday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., and until 7 p.m. on Thursday.
The Museum has implemented a number of safety measures to ensure a safe and memorable experience for all. Following provincial guidelines, we are limiting the number of visitors inside the Museum at any given time, through timed online ticketing. Other safety measures include signage related to physical distancing, and increased cleaning.
Masks inside the Museum are no longer required but are highly recommended.
If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or are not feeling well, please postpone your visit until you are feeling better.
The Museum makes every effort to ensure that visitors with disabilities will have a satisfying visit.
- Parking spaces for people using wheelchairs are available on level P1.
- Elevators (with floor numbers in braille) connect all levels of the Museum building, and access ramps are installed where needed.
- A limited number of wheelchairs (child and adult size), strollers and walkers are available at no charge. Please inquire at Information.
- Diaper-changing tables are available in all Museum public washrooms. Nursing is welcome at all locations in the Museum. A private nursing room is located on the first level; please speak with a Visitor Services representative.
- For more information, please inquire at the Information Desk or call 819-776-7000 (TTY for people with hearing disabilities: 819-776-7003).
For more information on programs and services for persons with disabilities: Persons With Disabilities Online.