- Place of Use Continent - North America, Country - Canada, Province / Territory - Ontario, Municipality - Toronto, Township / District - York, County ofContinent - North America, Country - United States of America, Municipality - Denver
- Category Tools and equipment for science and technology
- Sub-category Armament, firearm
- Department History
- Museum CMH
- Earliest 1845/01/01
- Latest 1855/12/31
- Brand Name / Model Hall & Sons
- Inscription (silver plate/plaque d'argent) Hall & Sons Montreal (gold plate/plaque d'or) D.G.
- Materials Metal, Wood, Gold plate, Silver plate
- Measurements Length 40.0 cm
- Caption Duelling Pistol, 2007.22.74
Various members of the Hall family advertised their services as gunsmiths in Montréal between 1842 and 1855. Canadian-made pistols of this period are very rare. Although this example has the form of a duelling pistol, it may have been made more as a showpiece or target pistol, as duelling was essentially obsolete in Canada by the mid-1800s.
- Caption Collection
- Additional Information John and Heather Harbinson Collection