Terms & Conditions
- In submitting your contribution you hereby warrant and undertake to the Museum that:
- your contribution is your own original work and that you are fully entitled to grant to the Canadian Museum of Civilization the rights under Clause 1 and that by doing so you do not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trademark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights;
- you are not aware of any third parties who might be entitled to prevent the Canadian Museum of Civilization from exploiting the Copyright or from reproducing any of the items in your contribution or distributing copies thereof to the public;
- You will not submit any defamatory or illegal material of any nature. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio;
- you agree to indemnify the Canadian Museum of Civilization against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by the Canadian Museum of Civilization as a result of your breach of the above warranties.
- You agree to waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Canadian Museum of Civilization website and the purposes specified above.
- The Canadian Museum of Civilization reserves the sole right to remove any content that it deems unsuitable. This might include but not be limited to content that is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable.
- The Canadian Museum of Civilization reserves the right to use none, part or all of your submission and may delete any contribution published onto its website at any time.
If you do not want to grant to the Canadian Museum of Civilization the above rights or cannot provide the warranties set out above, please do not submit your contribution.