The Farley House
145 Champlain Street
Two families prominent in Hull's cultural and political circles lived in this house, which was built in 1888. The family of Stanislas B. Simon and his wife, Elisa Corbeil, was typical of the early twentieth century: one daughter was a nun, an uncle was a bishop and four of Elisa's brothers were priests. Simon was organist at the Notre-Dame Church for 35 years. In 1916, a second family, that of the prominent pharmaceutical chemist Arthur Raymond Farley and his wife, bought the house, which was renovated in 1921-1922, giving it its current appearance. The Farley children, Rodrigue, Louis and Marie, moved in legal and political circles, as evidenced by Mackenzie King's presence at Rodrigue's marriage.
Latitude North 45.42995 Longitude West 75.71192