Bibliography Navigation map Photo index Acknowledgements

BISTRO 1908, 2004
© CMCC, photo: Harry Foster, no. D2005-00084

Bistro 1908
70 Promenade du Portage
Formerly the Hull Electric Company

This small industrial building, built in 1908, recalls the early days of electricity and public transport in Gatineau. It housed the machinery required for the distribution of electricity both for street lighting and for the streetcars of the Hull Electric Company, founded at a time when this new technology was weaving its immense webs over our cities. In recent years, the building housed the restaurant Bistro 1908.

View a transition from new to old.

go to history
Further information

Latitude North 45.42521   Longitude West 75.71831