- Select candidates.
- Set overall program goals.
- Examine and recommend solutions to problematic issues.
- Provide guidance and ensure sufficient support for program.
- Review and evaluate program.
- Plan and coordinate all activities pertaining to the recruitment, selection, work placement and learning experiences of interns.
- Assist in the selection of the intern’s learning agenda.
- Perform promotional and administrative duties to ensure the success and integrity of the Aboriginal Training Program in Museum Practices.
- Participate in the raising of aboriginal community awareness toward the program.
- Provide orientation and program content for the intern while in each division.
- Provide descriptions of the division’s mandate and procedures during seminar and workshop sessions.
- Identify learning outcomes and define specific tasks and responsibilities the intern must accomplish.
- Provide for integration of the intern into the division’s overall planning.
- Meet with intern to provide feedback and evaluation of his/her programs.