A Fully Automated Parking System! Simpler and faster service!
The parking system of the Canadian Museum of History (CMH) is now fully automated, fast and easy to use. By adopting a new system, the Museum wanted to facilitate parking payment for all of its visitors. The new system will save time through the use of automated pay stations equipped with easy-to-follow instructions.
Q. How do I proceed?
A. This is the new parking payment process:
- Enter the Museum’s parking where you will obtain a parking ticket from the automated entry gate terminal.
- Bring your parking ticket with you into the Museum.
- When you have completed your visit and are ready to leave, you can go to one of the pay stations located inside the Museum in order to pay for parking.
- You can pay with cash or credit card at the pay station. Keep the ticket that was validated by the pay station. The pay station will give change in cash and issue a receipt.
- Go to your car and make your way to the parking exit.
- At the automated exit terminal, insert your validated ticket and the gate will open.
- You can also pay your ticket, by credit card only, at the automated exit terminal.
Q. What are my payment options?
A. The Museum has two options for payment:
- Automated pay stations located inside the Museum. Visitors can use them to pay their parking before leaving. These pay stations accept cash and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express).
- Automated exit terminals located at the parking exit. These terminals accept credit cards only (Visa, MasterCard, American Express).
Q. Where are the pay stations?
A. At the Canadian Museum of History, there are three pay stations. One is located inside the Museum, on the P1 parking level. Two pay stations are also located inside the Museum, on the P2 parking level.
Q. What happens if I forget to pay for parking at the pay station inside the Museum?
A. At the automated exit terminal, you can pay for your parking by credit card only. The terminal will issue a formal receipt.
Q. If I have a problem when I pay at one of the pay stations or terminals, where can I get assistance?
A. All our pay stations and terminals are equipped with a HELP button. Simply push the button and an attendant will answer at any time to assist you.
Q. Is it secure to use my credit card at the pay stations?
A. Yes. All our pay stations and terminals are secure and compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
Q. What do I do if I lose my ticket?
A. If you lose your ticket, the pay station will issue a new ticket if you press its button marked LOST TICKET. The maximum daily rate would then apply.
Q. Is the Museum parking facility still accessible to people with disabilities?
A. Yes. Designated parking spaces for people with disabilities are located on the P1 level at the CMH.