This model of a railway station letter-box, made of cast iron, dates from the end of the nineteenth century. The example shown here was used at Val-Morin post office between 1914 and 1983. It was installed on the exterior of the general store and home of Fidèle Ouellet, the first postmaster there, and it remained in place until the closing of the post office in 1983. The distinguishing feature of this mailbox is the "lion's paw" clasp that covered the padlock. The time of the next mail pick-up appeared in a small window on the side of the box. After collecting the mail, the clerk would turn a dial inside the box to display the next collection time.