Fashion: What's Hot, What's Not?
Social Studies, History, Information Technology
- Choose an item of clothing or accessory below.
Items to select:
- Riding suit
- Cycling habit
- Top hat
- What is it?
- Who used or wore it (men, women, children)?
- What was it used for?
- On what occasions was it used or worn?
- When was it in fashion?
- To answer these questions, find the item in as many of the catalogues
possible by using the search feature on the Catalogues
- Each time you find it, record the page number(s) and catalogue.
- Print out or sketch one example from each catalogue.
- When you are finished researching the catalogues, make a collage and
that show how the item changed over time.
- Present this collage to the class.
For additional context, read the articles by Christina Bates and
on this site.