Getting the Goods Out
Social Studies, Drama, Business Studies
Labour history, Transportation
Processing Orders in the Mail-order
by John Willis
- Ask students to read the paper by John Willis, which describes the
involved in processing a mail order in the 1920s.
- Divide the class into groups of four or five students.
- Using the process described in the Willis article, ask groups to
object from an historic catalogue and dramatize the entire process of
an order, sending in the order, filling the order, and delivering it.
- Ask each group to present their dramatization to the class.
- Conclude with a discussion about how the process has likely changed