Make a Quiz
Social Studies, English Language Arts, Information
Historic catalogues on this site (links below)
Students create a quiz using catalogue images and text.
- Using the on-line historic catalogues, individually or as a group, ask
to pick out five objects from one catalogue on the list below.
- Using the guidelines in Introduction to the
print out the pictures of the objects.
- Cut out the pictures of the objects and their descriptions and
into two piles.
- On one side of a whiteboard, post all of the objects. On the other
post the descriptions.
- Challenge classmates to match the correct description to the correct
You can also make this into a competition by creating teams that try to
the objects and descriptions in the shortest time.
You can do this activity with any of the catalogues from this site.
the earliest catalogues have the most unusual objects.
Look at the