Show and Tell
Grade 1- 3
Social Studies, Language (reasoning and critical thinking,
and oral communication), History
Historic catalogues on this site
- Using the guidelines in Introduction to the
print out one or two pages from each catalogue. Suggested pages are
toys, large or small appliances, sports equipment, or audiovisual
- Circle an item on each page.
- Fold up the pages and place them in a hat.
- Ask students to select a page from the hat.
- They must read their item's description and then give a short
to the class about their item (topics to include: material, cost, use).
- Students must then try to put the items in order from the oldest to
- After the class is satisfied with the order, the teacher reveals the