Ancient Treasures and the Dead Sea Scrolls sheds light on the
ancient roots shared by two major world religions, and shows how
Rabbinical Judaism and Christianity each developed its distinctive
symbolism in the centuries following Christ.
This virtual exhibition will help your class achieve curriculum-related goals.
Your students will:
- Improve their knowledge of the origins of two major world religions.
- Discover sacred writings revealing religious thought and society in Israel
in the centuries just before and after the birth of Christ.
- Examine features of daily life in Biblical times.
- Learn about the historical and geopolitical stage on which Judeo-Christian
- Realize the connection between religion and development of civilization.
Ontario Social Studies and Humanities Curriculum
World Religions, Grade 11
World Religions: Beliefs, Issues, and Religious Traditions
World Religions: Beliefs and Daily Life
Quebec Education Programme
Catholic and moral religious education
Protestant and moral religious education