The mandate of the Exhibitions and Programmes Branch is to disseminate knowledge to as broad a public as possible through high quality exhibitions, programmes and products on site as well as elsewhere in order to educate and entertain those public, by
- planning, developing, producing and evaluating a balanced programme of permanent, temporary and travelling exhibitions and interpretive programmes;
- planning, managing, delivering and evaluating the development and operation of the Canadian Children’s Museum and the Canadian Postal Museum;
- planning, developing, producing and providing design, photographic and audio-visual products and the services necessary to support CMC exhibitions and programmes;
- making exhibitions, programmes and products available nationally and internationally;
- providing expertise, advice and assistance to others in related fields.